If you like RSS you tend to want to have all your content in one place—your RSS reader.
But if you also follow some channels on YouTube this is a problem, since Google doesn’t publish RSS feeds for channels. They want you to start and stop on YouTube, basically.
So here’s how to create an RSS feed from any YouTube channel.
- Go to the YouTube channel you want to track
- View the page’s source code
- Look for the following text: channel-external-id
- Get the value for that element (it’ll look something like UCfd6VGl42IzR5Bj4Ra0evTw
- Replace that value into this URL:
try it for yourself.. you can always copy and paste the above link to test it in your rss feeder.
Now you can paste that into any RSS reader and you’ll be able to track when new content is posted.